Tuesday 3 February 2009

Changes

noWho'd think Ozzy, Geezer, Tony and Bill could write a meaningful, soul-felt, melodious and percussion-less(for lack of a better word) ballad. I can already see my Black Sabbath fans/friends shake their head and say, "I've read this kinda prose prose before, he's going to go on and expound on the virtue and individuality of songs like Changes and Laguna Sunrise!!Yawwwwn!! BORING!"

But think again, cos I'm not interested in going into the intricacies of the discology of Black Sabbath-you can find that anywhere on the net. What I AM going to do is just subject you to a heart-felt little peice that came to mind just before I was leaving for work this morning (where I am now, by the way).

Let me start connecting this peice to the title by referring to that very sentence that you've just read-I've started leaving for work, not just leaving work. Wordplay? I think not. That's probably the only way to look at it.

I used to work, so I had something to do all day, for a few days,or months at the most, but only so I could finance my vices(relative).Or cos the rest of my friends were working, and I didn't wanna sit home all day living off watered down tea, vada-paos and Charms. I used to work, till I thought I'd worked hard enough and then simply stop going to work. Managers and bosses would call and I'd ignore the call, thinkin "How can I answer a call when I'm not well. I'm supposed to be sleeping". I'll just call them back later.Right.
Day 2: I can't possibly feel better in just one day. Its gotta be two days at-least. Another day, wasted. More word play?Possibly.
Day3: More calls from work and more ignored. More revelry and oblivion.
Day15: Dude, if I don't go today, I'm going to get sacked!! Reality check. Waitaminit! Its been fifteen days of leave without reason or information. I think I'm already sacked, so that obviously means, they don't miss me so much, so might as well just forget about it.
And so on with several jobs, some plum offers among them. But like I said, that's changed.
I have only Bab Al Shams Desert Resort to thank. More on that later.
Change has come in so many forms. I thought I was the polar opposite of Dad. Turns out, I'm getting to be more and more like him.
His philosophy is what Kabir propounded-to do what you have to do tomorrow, today. I seem to've slowly grown into that.Albeit, not so obsessed with it. But for someone who procrastinates changing the calendar page at the end of the month, its quite a long way to have come.
I can go on and on about change, but then I think I've put my message across.

1 comment:

scarlet pimpernel said...

slowly but surely,all men turn in to their dad